This practice is currently full for clients. Limited slots are open for group and one-on-one supervision.
To be put on the client waiting list for when discovery calls and scheduling reopens (likely in the summer of 2024), or for referrals for other New Mexico dietitians, contact me here.
Note about email response times: My email/working time and day may not be your email/working time and day. I respect your boundaries around personal time, time away from devices entirely, well-being, care taking, and restoration. If you receive correspondence from me outside your email/working hours, please do not feel obliged to reply until you are back at work, ready to read emails, and/or have the capacity to respond. (inspired by Valerie A. Fitzhugh, MD)
I am a disabled, multiply neurodivergent and chronically ill human, and I may need more time than expected (in a neurotypical and able-bodied framework) to get back to some emails in order to reflect and respond with intention and clarity. The larger kyriarchy (oppressive and dominating) societal structure says that we should all be consistent (as in identical), timely (as in overworked without breaks), obligated to respond in a certain way (as in without autonomous choice), and professional (as in inhuman and without agency). The cultural norm of urgency in our capitalist-dominated society disconnects us from our human need for slowness, which helps us better understand our needs, emotions, and reactions. Thank you for practicing this intentional patience and shift with me. (inspired by N. Oumou Sylla, LMFT)
Jenni K Nutrition, LLC, services include:
* Food, Body, and Embodiment Coaching *
* Intuitive Eating Counseling *
* Medical Nutrition Therapy *
* Nutrition Consulting *
* Reflective Supervision and Case Consultation for Dietitians *
* Dietetic Internship Preceptor *
Body- and food-related reasons clients come to see us:
* affirming and validating stims/fidgets for regulation, including eating *
* anti-oppressive lens for validating and affirming client’s humanity *
* avoidant and/or restrictive food intake support *
* binge eating normalizing, healing, and support *
* body image and relationship support *
* care beyond the binaries of the medical and wellness industrial complexes *
* client-centered and -directed sessions where the power dynamic stays on the client’s side *
* diabetes education, management, and non-stigmatizing support *
* disability-affirming spaceholding and placefinding *
* disconnected eating support *
* disordered eating healing and support *
* eating disorder coping, recovery, and support outside the traditional treatment model *
* exploration of environmental- and stress-related eating issues (including mast cell activation syndrome, or MCAS) *
* fat and body justice and liberation *
* fat-positive relatedness and holding a generative space in healing from the fat industrial complex *
* first and foremost, fed is best *
* food anxiety and food avoidance support *
* HAES®-aligned care, healing, and support *
* healing from substance abuse for weight manipulation *
* healing from weight cycling/yo-yo dieting *
* identity-affirming care *
* intuitive eating reclaiming and reimagining *
* momentum (rhythms and flow states) centered above obligations and routines *
* neurodiversity-affirming approaches to food and body *
* non-stigmatizing healing and support *
* non-stigmatizing support of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) *
* normalizing emotional eating *
* relational healing (healing through relationship) *
* religious trauma and healing from perfectionism and purity ideals *
* support and healing with food hoarding/pandemic-based food insecurity *
* support and healing with obsessive and compulsive eating *
* trauma-responsive and trauma-sensitive support *
This practice’s primary work is with disordered eating and eating disorders for those clients most marginalized by the medical and wellness industrial complexes, the moral and medical models of disability, traditional eating disorder treatment model, and within the larger kyriarchy (oppressive and dominating) societal structure. Centering the most marginalized comes first in this practice.
All services at Jenni K Nutrition, LLC, are anti-oppressive, disability-affirming, fat-positive, HAES®-aligned, queer- and trans-affirming, actively non-diet, kink- and sex-positive, trauma-sensitive and -responsive, from a neurodiversity-affirming approach, and are both justice- and liberation-driven.
All Coaching, Consulting, Counseling, and Supervision services can be done from and to any location worldwide.
Out-of-pocket Medical Nutrition Therapy, Coaching, and Counseling rates are:
$250 for 80-minute initial consultation session
$150 for 50-minute follow-up session
Supervision rates are:
$200 for 55-minute group supervision (up to 3 supervisees total)
$175 for 55-minute one-on-one supervision
For Consulting rates, please contact me directly here.
This practice accepts major credit and debit cards for private pay fee-for-service worldwide, accepts both HSA and FSA cards, and provides Superbills for out-of-network deductible and out-of-pocket reimbursement within the United States. Reduced rates, including equity and student rates, are available on a limited basis for private pay clients. Insurance credentialing/paneling in the US continues to be pending (we are currently in our 60-100 day waiting period/appeal processes for multiple insurances, and credentialed but not yet paneled for multiple insurances on a TBD basis). Updates will be added here as available later in spring/summer 2024.
These policies below are valid as of Thursday, June 1, 2023, and will remain in effect thereafter until otherwise notified or updated.
We at Jenni K Nutrition, LLC, appreciate all accounts be settled in full on the day of service before each appointment begins. Payments may be made through all major credit and debit cards, or HSA/FSA card via Stripe through the Practice Better invoice software at or before the time of service. If the invoice is not paid in full by the end of the session time, it will automatically be charged with the credit card in the Client’s file.
Please be advised that Jenni K Nutrition, LLC, has established a cancellation policy such that Client must give notice of at least 24 hours in advance of their appointment. If cancelling within 24 hours but before the appointment window without a reschedule, you will be charged a fee of $25. Cancellation fee applies to all sessions, including those in pre-paid packages. No-shows without a reschedule, defined as an appointment with the Client not showing up within the first 15 minutes of the scheduled start time, will be charged the full out-of-pocket fee for their appointment to their credit card on file. If the missed session is pre-paid, the Client will have forfeited the payment if they no-show.
Due to the nature of the services and offerings and clarity in communicating our policy, we at Jenni K Nutrition, LLC, will not offer refunds unless, in our discretion, the client would like a refund of unused services, defined as pre-paid sessions that are canceled per the cancellation policy at least 24 hours in advance. No refunds will be provided for a change of mind without providing sufficient time to cancel the appointment. Approved refunds will be issued as a credit to the credit card used for the original transaction.